Getting to know UI
Another task before we start the bootcamp aims getting familiar with UI Design Software Interface; exposure and attention to detail when analyzing UI and discovering some tricks and aesthetics we can relate to and prefer.
- Picking an app that we use consistently or one that we like
- Taking screenshots with our phone an importing them to Sketch App Mimicking the UI: pick colors with an eyedropper, etc.
- Goal is to copy the design. Try to accomplish a perfect clone of these five screens.
Mimicking Turkish Airlines App
“Turkish Airlines is the national flag carrier airline of Turkey. It operates scheduled services to 304 destinations in Europe, Asia, Africa, and the Americas, making it the largest carrier in the world by number of passenger destinations. Turkish Airlines flies to 122 countries, more than any other airline.
Designed by Imagination’s unique approach to this work was to define an innovative “experience identity” called ‘flow’. Inspired by Turkey’s energy, culture and created to represent the Turkish Airlines’ travel philosophy, flow embodies a customer experience that is effortless, seamless, and uplifting. These values have been applied to all of Turkish Airlines’ touch points, from the new logo to the airline’s Istanbul airport lounge, above the line content and in-flight interiors.
Mimicking the UI
What I found from the practice?
Having a background at Adobe Creative Suit, I used the Sketch App for the first time that was fun to work with and found it very user friendly. I didn’t feel a serious challenge completing my task as the Sketch tool was created very familiar to other creative suits. The practice itself was for me very beneficial to restart UI.
- A source to identify fonts of the screenshot images
WhatTheFont! " MyFonts
Seen a font in use and want to know what it is? Upload an image to WhatTheFont to find the closest matches in our…
2. Videos showing how to mimic the interface in Sketch — How to build the UI: #01 #02 #03 Habitify
3. Icons Library — Over 2 Million curated icons, created by a global community